Curtis Rodgers founded SCS in 2014 after surveying a group of construction technology entrepreneurs in need of a professional organization; the survey results became the SCS charter, which seeks to eliminate the reasons a qualified person would not attend.
- To support the technological advancement of the construction process.
- Entrepreneurship & Intrapreneurship
- Attendance at meetings is limited to two attendees per organization.
- All organizations are welcome, but Chapter Leadership maintains the right to add and remove members.
- No membership dues, but members should be prepared to pay for food & beverage (ultimately up to Chapter Leadership).
- Meetings are roughly every other month, at the convenience of the Chapter Leadership.
- Meeting announcements are sent out by Chapter Leadership.
- Typical meeting structure:
- Happy hour starting at ~5pm.
- Formal introductions and brief announcements by everyone in attendance for ~20 minutes.
- Meeting spaces are a round-table format, as a way of facilitating new connections.
- Ten slide presentation from a featured speakers for about ~30 minutes.
- Group dinner.
- Construction professionals who have the capacity and morality to lead their community.
- Invited to attend the annual SCS Leadership Summit.