SCS members have aggregated their best practices to generate the "Construction Technologist Body of Knowledge," which is a framework and common language for the management of decentralized process improvement.
- Address solution scarcity
- Address the lack of technological sympathy
- Construction innovation cannot be centralized
- Opportunity for innovation exist -- close to the problem.
- Corporate HQ
- "Chief Innovation Officer" - Leads Solutions Team, and Chairs Solutions Committee
- "Solutions Committee" - Governs over solutions process
- IT & PMO - Tracks Solutions Team metrics and schedules
- Legal, Risk, Project Controls, Safety, Quality, Environmental - Critical Stakeholders
- Operations Manager - Manages Solutions Manager
- Solutions Manager - New technology and process improvement
- uper-User - Extra Training
- Anti-User - Extra Training
- Creating and supporting the "Solutions Manager" role
- Solutions Manager job description:
- Mission: Improve the way we deliver projects with technology
- Duration: One to two year rotation
- Talent Pool: Internal Hire
- Minimum 5 years equivalent experience
- Formal Training: Masters-level education or equivalent experience
- Construction self-perform field experience
- Project Management (various), Organizational Behavior, Change management
- Skills: Communication, organization, leadership, negotiation
- Demonstrated ability to make more use of existing IT investments than others.
- Knows when they run out of talent (unconsciously incompetent -> consciously incompetent).
- Personality Profile: Interdisciplinary, curious, personable, people pleaser, design thinker.
- Entrepreneurship & Intrapreneurship
Strategies & Tools
- Attendance at meetings is limited to two attendees per organization.
- All organizations are welcome, but Chapter Leadership maintains the right to add and remove members.
- No membership dues, but members should be prepared to pay for food & beverage (ultimately up to Chapter Leadership).
- Define Challenge
- Wants vs. Needs
- Typical meeting structure:
- Happy hour starting at ~5pm.
- Formal introductions and brief announcements by everyone in attendance for ~20 minutes.
- Meeting spaces are a round-table format, as a way of facilitating new connections.
- Ten slide presentation from a featured speakers for about ~30 minutes.
- Group dinner.
- Built world professionals who have the capacity and morality to lead their community.
- Invited to attend the annual SCS Leadership Summit.